Madrid, 17th of November 2014
At the beginning of November, 14 brand new Massive Open Online Courses MOOCs were released on the central platform ECO-Learning. 2 More are set to be uploaded by the end of this month. The purpose of the MOOC platform is to attract students to participate and experience what ubiquitous and community learning is like during the course of 6 weeks. The 16 ECO-MOOCs cover 5 different topics at the start of the project and are set up to impulse the creation of new MOOCs, adding a growing number of courses and topics to a self-sustaining ECO-system within the next 2 years.
One of the project` goals is to motivate teachers to create and design their own MOOCs. The consortium ECO-learning is therefore looking to recruit 4,000 teachers from 7 different countries specifically for the purpose of becoming an active member of the ECO-learning community. Whether either teachers are experienced and enthusiastic users of the digital tools available for education or dread the learning curve and time that is required to learn how to use the tools, ECO-Learning is an open community for both.
The project´s central message Learn. Teach. anywhere, everywhere refers not only to the freely accessible nature of these massive online courses, but also in the social inclusive concept behind the methodology. In addition it refers to the paired mobile app, as to enable users to access and participate wherever and whenever they can and want.
The content of the MOOCs varies from e-learning methodology, computing and digital skills to creative skills and the classical foundation of our education system such as mathematics. These MOOCs are all content orientated , whereas a Common Course will be developed where teachers will be offered a training in the basics of MOOC design.
All available MOOCs can be accessed via https://portal.ecolearning.eu, where new users will be prompted to create a login. The MOOCs are offered in 5 different languages:
- In English: Videos for teaching, learning and communication
- In German: E-Learning-Projektmanagement an Schulen (E-learning and project management at schools)
- In Portugese:
– Introdução aos Sistemas de Informação Geográfica (Introduction to basic Geographic Information systems GIS)
- In Italian:
– Introduzione alla matematica per l’università: Pre-Calculus (Preparation course mathematics for university: Pre-Calculus)
– M’appare il mondo: dalle carte alla Terra digitale partecipata (Geomatics course)
- In Spanish:
– Sexualidad Amigable y Responsable (Assertive and non-abrasive sexuality)
– Innovación Educativa y Desarrollo Profesional. Posibilidades y límites de las TIC. (Innovation in education and in professional training: Possibilities and limitations of ICT)
– Competencias creativas para el profesorado (Creativity MOOC Camp. (Creative skills for teachers)
– Necessidades Educativas Especiales. Como enseñar, como aprender (How to teach & learn. Special needs in education)
– Flipped Classroom
– Comunicación y aprendizaje móvil (mobile communication and learning)
– Alfabetización Digital para Personas en Riesgo de Exclusión: Estrategias para la Intervención Socioeducativa (Digital literacy for people with high risk of ssocial exclusion. Strategies for digital, socioeconomic intervention).
- In French:
– DIY Education aux médias et à l’information – DIY Media Education and information
Contact person Spanish MOOCs: Mr. Rodríguez Hoyos Carlos, at the University of Cantabria, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person English MOOC: Ms. Teresa Rasgado, email@example.com
Contact person German MOOC: Ms. Eichler Sünne firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person French MOOCs: Ms. Divina Meigs email@example.com
Contact person Italian MOOCs: Mr. Stefano Menon, firstname.lastname@example.org